Monday, March 7, 2011

Feed the Lion

This post is dedicated to my Dad (otherwise known as "Pa.")  I sent him an email the other day and his response was,

"Been missing your blog posts." 

Uh oh... Grandparents are kind of like lions... if you don't keep them well fed (with updates about their grandchildren) they get a little cantankerous!  Just kidding Dad!

No really, other than being busy with projects around the house, I have no excuse for being away from this blog for so long!  Sure I could have posted pictures of us power-washing and resealing the sidewalks and patio around the house and installing the new basketball goal, but didn't think anyone cared.  :-)

We've finally finished the bonus room.  This has been a  L...O...N...G work in process, but 2 years after we started, we can finally say we're done!  I am married to the tightest (squeaks when he walks) man.  He won't pay anyone to do anything around the house.  "No, we can do that ourselves," is his catch-phrase.  With the exception of having it plastered, we did everything ourselves.  For now, it's a playroom for the kids... when they outgrow that stage, who knows!  I'm waiting on some barstools I ordered to be delivered and then will be moving a table up for them.  We're also going to be putting a television up there and then will be moving all their movies up.  Here's a few pics:





Don't know if you can see this picture really well, but I wanted to be able to display some of their artwork in the room.  I found these frames that you can open up and not only display it, but also store a few pieces as well.  I glued some funky letters on each frame then to spell out their names so they each have their own frame.


And finally, here's a picture of Kaylee & Anden with Pipsqueak.  He's been in the house since late last week after we had him fixed.  Other than shredding up a kleenex, he's been such a good cat and surprisingly Jesse hasn't even complained much about him.  The kids love him and he's so good with them.

No comments: