Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dr. Suess

I have a confession to make... for as long as I can remember, I have been terrified of Dr. Suess books.  I haven't a clue why... perhaps it was the little creatures in his stories?  I'm not exactly sure, but I was never fond of his books.  I know, it's crazy isn't it... it's Dr. Suess for goodness sake! 

Recently, Jacob's teacher suggested that in order to help him become more of a fluent reader, we should work with him on rhyming words and reading stories that rhyme.  Hmmm... if that doesn't have Dr. Suess written all over it I don't know what does.  So I dug deep in our stash of books because someone at one time had given us a few Dr. Suess stories.  Guess what I discovered????

There's something about having your 6 year old read Dr. Suess to you that makes it much less scary!  


So here's to you Dr. Suess and all of those quirky little creatures in your books.  I've overcome my fear of your stories and my little guy's on his way to becoming a great reader!  He's ready to start on Cat in the Hat tomorrow and I can't wait! 

Finally, I couldn't leave out Kaylee & Anden.
Here are all 3 of my little bookworms.




No comments: