Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This blog cannot contain all that I am thankful for. Faith, family, friends, good health, a warm home filled with love... the list goes on and on. Rather than listing out all the things I am thankful for this year, I want to make it clear Who I will be thanking...

Psalm 69:30
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with Thanksgiving.

May God bless you all in a beautiful, unique way that you would know God's love and peace in the deepest part of your heart.  May you be so overwhelmed by God's love that you would not be able to contain it, since it's meant to be paid forward.

And finally, speaking of paying it forward, here's a gift for you for the holidays...it's my sister-in-law Jennifer's Dutch Apple Pie recipe and it ROCKS! It's the kind of recipe that when it's pulled out of the box it has baking splatters all over it... you know its a good one when that happens!  It's UH-MAZ-ING.  Here goes:

Preheat oven to 375.

Brush sides and bottom of pie crust with egg yolk and bake till golden brown.

Mix: 4-5 C. peeled & sliced apples (I like Granny Smith the best)
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1/2 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp. Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Put mix in pie crust then take the following ingredients and crumble and put on top of pie:
3/4 C. Flour
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Sugar
1/3 C. Butter

Bake at 375 until golden brown and bubble (approximately 50 minutes.)

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: