This summer has felt a bit like the Kentucky Derby...
Right out of the gate, we were off and running and we did not stop...
The week after the kids were out of school, Ben, my amazing 14 year old nephew from Michigan, came for a visit. He stayed with us for a week. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures during the week he was here! Shame on me!
June was full of camps, camps, and more camps...
Jacob's 4-H Day Camp
Kaylee's 4-H Camp
Kaylee's Girl Scout Camp (no pictures, after 3 days at 4-H Camp, Kaylee only lasted a day at Girl Scout camp... I really can't say that I blame her though!)
All three kids had Vacation Bible School
And finally, Kaylee's Basketball Camp
July was full of THE FAIR! Need I say more?
The first weekend of August, we were able to make it up to northern Indiana. We started with some boating on Saturday with my Mom and Dad and spent Sunday visiting with my Uncle Max & Auntie Kay at their cottage on Silver Lake.
Love them! Uncle Max is 98 and Auntie Kay is 96. Amazing!
Their lake cottage is truly one of my favorite places. Growing up I remember as a little girl visiting them each summer at their cottage.
Normally we visit them on Labor Day weekend and the water is too cool for the kids to get in the water. Not this year... granted they only got to wade around in the water, but how special to watch my kids making memories in the very swimming hole that I have so many fantastic memories of!
Here is Kaylee with my cousin Liz.
Jacob must have been sick that day... he HATES for me to take his picture! Yet here he is actually LOOKING at the camera and SMILING!
Look Mom! A clam! Gotta love a little boy swimmin' in his undies.
Throw in a splattering of baseball tourneys throughout the summer, and there you have what made up our horse race... I mean our summer.
And now it's come to and end... Kaylee & Jacob go back to school tomorrow and Anden will start Preschool in two weeks... sniff sniff, boo hoo, hang on while I bawl like a baby... WAH!!!! How can that be?!?!?!






No comments:
Post a Comment