Here are a few pictures from Jacob's baseball tourney he played in this weekend with his Travel Team, The Southeast Sluggers. We only played in two tourneys. Our first tourney we got our butts handed to us... in other words, we got beat very badly! The boys worked really hard this past week and got in a rhythm of playing together as a team. And it showed this weekend... We played in a tourney at Seymour. The boys won their first game. They played well their next two games, but unfortunately weren't able to advance anymore in the tournament. Jacob was upset after the game, not because they lost, but because this was their final game this season. He's been playing baseball since April and has thought of nothing else since April. I tried explaining to him that football is just around the corner, but that didn't help. He asked me a few minutes ago if I'd go out and throw baseball with him. I told him he needed to put away the baseball and get his football out. He told me, "Nuh-Uh. I need to practice for next year!" Oh my... it's going to be a LONG summer, fall, and winter... (I must admit, I'm a little sad myself it's over... I love watching my boy play ball!)
Here he is before their first game, watching a couple of other teams play.
Here's Jacob at Shortstop. He loves this position.
He had an AMAZING hit here. Made it all the way to 3rd, and then was tagged out trying to get home.
Jacob after a good hit at First Base.
Team Picture Time! That's Jacob in the front all the way to the right.
What a FUN group of boys!
Looking forward to next season!
No comments:
Post a Comment