We had some horrible storms come through last night. I heard today that they confirmed 4 tornadoes touched down in our county! We had a little damage to the roof of Jesse's shop. Our swing set was also torn to pieces.
Here's the swing set portion. It blew about 40 feet across the yard. You can see the roof further down the hill there. And the club house was blown even further down the hill.
Here's a shot of what is left of the clubhouse. The slide came apart from it and is even further down the hill.
Just glad we were safe and sound inside our basement. We had a slight scare as we were getting the kids downstairs. It was 11:30 or so when they issued the tornado warning. Jesse and I went upstairs to bring the kids down. He picked up Jacob and carried him down. I got Kaylee up and told her to follow Jesse down as I went to the other room and got Anden. When I came down, Kaylee wasn't there. Jesse & I both paniced because she's our sleepwalker and has tried to go outside before. He started to head to the garage thinking she went out that door. Mind you the power was flickering in and out by this point and he had the only flashlight so there I am standing in the kitchen, holding Anden, screaming out her name. I finally heard her rustling around back in our bedroom. We hustled downstairs just in time to hear the windows start rattling. So thankful we were all safe and sound. I love spring but I hate Mother Nature!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! That must have been so scary! I'm all teary just thinking about it! I'm so glad you're all okay! Hopefully you can get a new swingset soon!
Post a Comment