Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nine years ago today...

Nine years ago today, I woke up praying that it wouldn't rain...

Nine years ago today, I got all dolled up
for the happiest day of my life...

Nine years ago today, I stood at the alter and found out that my husband-to-be had been thrown off his horse that morning... talk about a rocky start!

Nine years ago today, we said our vows.

Nine years ago today, we kissed for the first time as husband and wife.

Nine years ago today, we had our first dance as we danced to
"When You Say Nothing At All"...

Nine years ago today, I went to sleep thanking Jesus for bringing me to Jesse
(as well as thanking him for that one short rain shower, that ended
as we were walking down the aisle, hand in hand. 
Made for a BEAUTIFUL sky!!)

Nine years ago today, I married my bestfriend.


And nine years later, we're beating the odds! 
Statistics say that 50% of marriages will end in divorce.  Scary huh?!?!

So, why do I think we're beating the odds?

Because we have fun together.
Because we listen to each other.
Because we have 9+ years of practicing forgiveness with one another.
Because we try not to raise our voices at each other.
Because we laugh together. 
Because we still slap each other on the butt.
Because we take each other's thoughts and considerations into account.
Because we still hold hands.
Because we support one another.
Because we say we're sorry, even when we don't want to.
Because we accept each other's shortcomings and acknowledge our own.
Because we pray together.
Because we kiss each other before bed every night,
even when we're mad at each other.
Because we like each other.
Because we love each other.
Because we have 3 great kids and they are worth it.
Because we're both hard-headed enough that we WILL NOT
be any part of increasing the above mentioned statistic!!

It's that simple.

~ Happy Anniversary Jesse!  I Love You! ~


1 comment:

Meg said...

Love this Erin. So happy for you. And Happy Anniversary!