We had a fabulous 4th of July Holiday Weekend…
still recovering, which is why I’m just now getting stuff posted on the blog!
Spent Sunday with friends at a 4th of July party.
On Monday, we decided at the last minute to take the kids to Patoka Lake.
Jesse & the kids rode bikes, I pushed Anden in the stroller, then we had a picnic lunch, and swam all afternoon. They loved it and are already asking when they can go back.
For those of you who know Jesse, this will not surprise you… he hates the ocean. For starters there's not corn and soybeans at the beach so that's strike one. He spent Spring Break of his Senior Year at Panama City, FL and said it stunk. Literally he meant it smelled terrible… I’m thinking, you were raised on a hog farm… seriously, how bad could it have been? Then I convinced him on our honeymoon to go to the beach and (if you ask him) he had a near-death experience with a tiger shark… he says he was nearly attacked (keyword NEARLY), I say he was just bumped. Needless to say, he says he won’t go back.
So while at Patoka Lake this weekend, we witnessed a shark-sighting!
Here’s a picture to prove it!
It is real. It was laying on the backside of the beach. Someone must have brought it in thinking
they'd release it in the lake as a prank and it must not have made it. How crazy is that!
Hopefully we'll still be able to get Jesse to go back to Patoka since it didn't try to gobble him up. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment