Jake continues to be the "Mystery Kid." After a full week of fevers and belly aches, I decided enough was enough, poor Jake needs to start feeling better. Dr. Bies is as baffled as we were as to why his symptoms have continued this long. So today, he ordered a CT Scan of his abdomen which ruled out appendicitis and an infection of the lymph nodes in abdomen as well as more blood work which ruled out Mono and once again showed that all his blood counts are normal. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful everything is coming back normal... but I'd really like some answers! So we're back home again and just continuing to treat it as a virus. We've got a follow-up appointment with Dr. Bies on Monday, but I'm really hoping Jake's going to turn the corner this weekend and get better.
I also went ahead and called Dr. Hunter (our Naprapathy Specialist in Henderson, KY.) He's the one that recommended the pumpkin seed oil which has worked miracles on Jake's food allergies and also recommended raw carrots and celery sticks for me when I developed the HELPP Syndrome after having Kaylee. He recommended we have Jake drink as much Welch's Grape Juice (which I think is high in antioxidants) as possible and eat scrambled eggs (to increase his sulfur.) His suggestions seem so simple and each time I've had this doubtful voice in the back of my head saying , "Well carrots and celery aren't going to hurt me, so it's worth a try," or "Well pumpkin seed oil isn't going to hurt him, so it's worth a try," or this time, "Well, Grape Juice and scrambled eggs aren't going to hurt him, so it's worth a try." I really think it's just the simplicity of his concoctions that make me so doubtful. Honestly though, I really don't care at this point what will help him feel better.
Jake's sure hoping he starts feeling better soon. He and Kaylee have their soccer tourney this weekend and he didn't get to play last weekend because he was sick. So hopefully my next post will be full of pictures from my two little soccer stars.
Have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment