Back to school tomorrow!!! Kaylee starts tomorrow, Jake starts on Monday. You would think that any mother, in her right mind, would look forward to this. I always THINK or try to tell myself that I'm ready for school to start, get the kids back into a routine, and have some time to myself to get things done, but it always hits me a few days before they go back. This year, it hit me last night. I think part of it was that Jesse took the day off yesterday and we took Kaylee and Jake to Holiday World. We all had a blast (even Jesse who hates amusement parks admitted that he had a good time.) As we were going to bed last night, my mind was spinning thinking, "That's it... the summer's over. School's starting, no more playdates with my girlfriends and their kids, no more fun days at Holiday World, no more adventures hiking and canoeing" (oops... still need to blog about that)... And I know that's not really the case, of course they have their weekends and breaks, but it's just not the same. Bottom line, we have SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER and I hate to see it end! You'll laugh when I tell you that since we had so much fun yesterday and since I was hating it that today was the last day of their summer break, the kids and I decided to go back to Holiday World today. Thank goodness for season passes (no actually thank Grandma Mary Lee and Grandpa Denis!)
So anyhow, that's where I'm at tonight. Bummed out that summer's over, and already looking forward to Fall Break. Oh well, can't do anything about it... I've tried telling Kaylee that I'm going to quit feeding her so she'll stop growing up and then she'll always be my little girl. She just laughs at me and looks at me like I'm nuts. For some reason, she's looking forward to tomorrow. Already has her clothes picked out and everything! She obviously adjusts to change better than me. :-)
I'll try to post a few pictures of her tomorrow and let you know how her first day back went.
No comments:
Post a Comment