We had another great weekend. The camping trip to Patoka was wonderful, other than loosing my voice on Saturday. The kids and Jesse enjoyed that part especially! :-) Kaylee and Jake really liked camping with their buddies. They rode bikes practically all weekend. We were just across the road from the playground, so that came in handy. All day Saturday, the campground had planned activities for everyone. In the morning they had arts and crafts for the kids. They got to make nature books and also made a deer foot print out of plaster. Just down the hill from our campsite was the lake. We went on a little hike and took the kids down there. Saturday evening they trick-or-treated around the campground. Kaylee was a cowgirl (her buddy Caden told her, "You make a better a cowboy than a boy does!") Jake was Spiderman. He really got into the trick-or-treating, running from one site to the next to collect his candy. And other than being early birds and wanting to get up at the crack of dawn, they both slept really well in the tent.
Bottom row: Cinderella, Spiderman, Cowgirl, Army man
Top row: Black Power Ranger and Red Power Ranger
Some of you may know, Jesse has been toying with the idea of doing a little farming on the side. It's something he's always wanted to do and there is no stopping him, even if I wanted to (which I don't, just to clarify!) He's got a few acres rented for next year and plans to put out a small crop. Of course this meant he had to get a tractor... Jacob was so excited when we pulled up and he saw this sitting in our driveway.
Jake looked at me and said, "Is that my tractor?" I said, "Yeah Jake, I guess it is." He replied, "Where's my dad's?" Too funny! And Jesse thought he was finally going to have a tractor he could call his own. Couldn't have been more wrong!
And since I'm all over the place with this post already, I'll add one more quick story. Kaylee came home yesterday from school and showed me how to spell her name in sign language. Is she amazing or what!
No comments:
Post a Comment