Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Communion Celebration

We celebrated Kaylee's First Communion this weekend.  The service was beautiful.  We had so many friends and family here to celebrate Kaylee's special day with her.

Here she is after Mass.  Doesn't she look beautiful!  So precious!


Here she is during Mass.  All of the children making their First Communion sat up front next to the alter throughout the entire Mass.


Here's the 2011 First Communion Class.  Kaylee is in the 2nd row, 3rd from the left.


And here is what happens after a morning full of too much excitement and nerves. 


 She was tired of being all dressed up, her back hurt, and she wanted nothing to do with having her picture taken anymore. I told her that I wasn't going to look back in 20 years and wonder why I didn't have any pictures of her, so we could either take some nice pictures with everyone, or I'd just take pictures of her and her meltdown in the bathroom... and being the overly sympathetic mother that I am I started snapping away.

Finally, she was up for a few pictures...
not exactly what I had hoped for, but at least she's smiling.


She loved the jewelry box that Grandma Mary Lee & Grandpa Denis gave her.


Here she is with Nana & Pa.  Great picture of them, just wish she was smiling.


 Here is the gift we gave her.  It's a rosary made from the rose petals from our wedding day.  (I got one made for each of the boys too for when they make their First Communion.)  They are absolutely beautiful!  Kaylee's is mostly lavendar with white 'Our Father' beads.


I also wanted to include a picture of her with the blanket she made and prayed over.  As part of the preparation for First Communion, all of the kids were asked to make a blanket that will be given to a baby upon their baptism.  As you can see, it's one of those fleece blankets where the ends are all snipped and then tied into knots.  Each time they tied a knot, the kids were to say the Angel of Mercy Prayer...

Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love entrusts me here,
ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen."

She was so proud of her blanket!



No comments: