Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweetness

I woke up this morning listening to my boys over the baby monitor... well actually, I woke up to a loud thud (their bedroom is right above ours) and I laid there waiting to hear if the thud originated from Anden rolling out of bed or Jacob jumping out of his top bunk.  No cries were heard, must be Jacob.  The next thing I heard melted my heart.  I could have laid there forever and listened to the two of them.

Jacob: "Good morning baby Anden... time to wake up."

Anden: "Uh?"

Jacob: "Anden, want Jay-Jay to come lay with you?"  (Jacob swears Anden says, "Jay-Jay" for him.)

Anden: "Uh?"

Jacob: "Here Jay Jay will lay with you."

Anden: "Uh?"  (If you haven't caught on by now, "uh?" is Anden's catch-phrase.)

Jacob: "I love you baby Anden.  Here lets lay here in your bed and stay warm."

Anden: "Uh?"

I cannot remember the entire conversation (if it can really be called that) but it went on for a few minutes and was so nice.  I think I should have tape recorded it and set my alarm clock to wake me up to that every morning.  In fact it put me in such a good mood that I made these for breakfast:



Okay, not such a good idea to wake up to sweet boys every morning, which then puts me in a good mood, which then makes me want to bake muffins for breakfast, which then makes me consume at least a dozen muffins, which then makes me have to buy bigger jeans, which then puts me right back into a crappy mood... kind of defeats the purpose... "Uh?"  Did you follow that?

Here's the recipe for these ever-so-scrumptous, can't eat just 1 muffins.

Applesauce Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 12... I usually double the recipe because Jesse and the kids get cranky if they don't get any.)

1/2 C. Butter (softened)           1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Sugar                            1 C. Blueberries
2 Eggs                                     1/4 C. Butter (melted)
1 3/4 C. Flour                          1/2 C. Sugar
3/4 C. Applesauce                   1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder

Cream butter & sugar.  Beat in eggs and applesauce.  Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Add to butter mixture.  Spoon into greased or paper muffin tins.  Stir in blueberries.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  While still warm, dip top into melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.  Then devour them and don't feel bad about it... it has applesauce and blueberries for crying out loud!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Betsie said...

That's wonderful! You're kids are fantastic!