Sunday, September 19, 2010

My little scavenger

Boys are so different from girls. 

Don't get me wrong, Kaylee loves to collect things...
stickers, notepads, beads, bracelets, and anything related to horses. 
She's my little packrat.

But Jacob, well... I'm constantly finding rocks in the bottom of washing machine.

This week, Jesse shelled the beans behind our house. 
So Jacob's been busy collecting what's leftover.

Here's a small stack of walnuts he found from a tree on the other side of the bean field.
He's got a seed sack full of walnuts out in the shop...


Two weeks ago, Jesse shelled corn down the hill and across the creek,
here are the leftovers that Jacob found...


He takes each ear and shells it by hand into another box...
(this is a mouse-infestation waiting to happen by the way!)

And finally, here's his stash of nuts in a pocket of his backpack
that he's picked up while he waits for the schoolbus in the morning.

What can I say... he'd make one heck of a squirrel!

1 comment:

Meg said...

That's so funny. And that last picture has great composition! I love it! ;)