Thursday, April 15, 2010

9-1-1

Ever hear the advertisement for OnStar?  You know, the one with the little guy that calls in for his Mom who's had a seizure?  Well that got me thinking the other day as I was eating lunch with Jacob and coughing up a lung after having some vinaigrette salad dressing sail down the wrong pipe.

Jake: "Mom, you okay?"

Me: "Yeah," (insert cough cough), "I'm okay," (insert more cough cough)... "Jake, what would you do if I really wasn't okay?"

Jake: "I'd sing to you and rub your back mom."

Me:  "Hmmm... you think you might call someone?"

Jake:  "Oh, yeah, uhhhhh, yeah, ummmm, yeah, I'd uhhhhh, I'd call the police."

Me:  "Fantastic Jake!  You're right!  Now do you know what their phone number is?"

Jake:  "Ummmm, well, uhhhhh... no."

Me:  "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine..."

Jake:  "Oh yeah, nine-one-one."

Me:  "Awesome.  You're amazing!  That's right nine-one-one!"

Well, at least I know I'd get a nice back rub while being serenaded by sweet Jake if I was ever in need of medical attention.  Makes me feel so safe and secure.

No comments: