Monday, July 13, 2009

Anden's Two Month Checkup

I took Anden to see his pediatrician this morning for his 2 month checkup. He weighed 10 lbs. 15 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches long. I can't believe how much he has grown! Dr. Bies said he looks great, which was no new news to me! HA HA! Unfortunately, I also had the dreaded vaccination talk with Dr. Bies... it makes me sick to my stomach to think of starting his vaccinations. Jake had such a terrible reaction at 4 months to his vaccinations (he had 5 shots at one time.) I think it was too much for his immune system and ever since then we've battled a very sensitive immune system, food allergies, motor planning issues, and of course a significant speech delay. I can't say for sure that the vaccinations he received that day caused those things, but it was enough for me to demand that his vaccines be split up ever since. It's also enough for me to say we will not take that chance with Anden. Fortunately, Dr. Bies was understanding enough to give me some advice on which vaccines he would recommend starting with and which ones he would put off for awhile. I've worked with some families in First Steps that choose to delay vaccinations and their doctors give them such a hard time. At least I feel like our doctor is somewhat supportive of our decision.
Enough about that though! Here are some recent pictures I took of Anden. Isn't he cute!
Here he is smiling. Priceless!


Here he is showing off for the camera. Look how strong he is!




No comments: