We surprised Mom and Dad with an early birthday present. Dad will turn 60 in March and Mom the following January. We will be taking them to Gatlinburg, TN for a few days next spring. Benny got the honor of presenting them with their gift as well as dropping little hints to try to get them to guess what it was.
I have a funny story to share with you as well. The other night as I was making supper, somehow I got into a conversation with Jake about how the baby will be born. Here's how it went:
Jake: "How old is the baby?"
Me: "Just a few weeks old."
Jake: "When will it get here?"
Me: "In about 6 months."
Jake: "How will you get it out?"
Me: "I'll go to the doctor and he'll help to get the baby out."
Jake: "Will he use a tweezers?"
Me: "Ummm, I don't know Jake."
Jake: "Will it hurt?"
Me: "Maybe just a little."
Jake: "Well, you'd better look the other way so it doesn't hurt."
I know exactly where this came from. Just a few weeks ago when we were down at Jesse's Mom and Dad's house, Jake got a splinter and when Jesse was trying to get it out (with a tweezers), Grandma told him to look the other way so it wouldn't hurt. I almost lost it. He's so funny.
I'm very excited to share that I'm almost finished with a HUGE project that I've been working on for the last several months. Last Christmas, Jesse's Grandma gave all 18 of her grandchildren a quilt top along with the batting and backing. She wanted them all to have another one of her quilts, but didn't think she'd have the time to finish 18 of them. I've always been very fond of her and ever since I stayed with her the summer before Jesse and I were married, she's had a special place in my heart. So, crazy me decided to ask her to help me learn to quilt. Last March, I borrowed a quilt rack, set it up in my living room, and we've been working on it ever since. She's been over several times to work on it and we're almost ready to take it out and sew the binding on. I will be SO GLAD to have the quilt rack out and get my living room back, but I will miss our special quilting times. Who am I kidding... she's always got a quilt set up at her house. I'll just have to head over there and help her out for once! Here's a shot of Grandma and Kaylee working on it last night.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for. We're certainly looking forward to Christmas and the New Year. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment